Friday, May 29, 2009

Life rolls on

Joe and I have a grand daughter that just graduated from high school. She was so excited and has every right to be. I did remind her, to slow down and enjoy every moment she could. One day she would wake up and be my age. Do you think maybe I scared the child.

My heart goes out to all young people across our nation. I wish they could enjoy the times I lived in. School taught what they were suppose to and not what the parents should have been teaching. Respect for self, family, those in authority, and those in need were taught. We said, yes sir and no sir, thank you, Mr. and Mrs., Aunt and Uncle. We were also taught that no matter what, God was the One we would all have to answer to one day.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

How very true. I realize there is change but all change is definitely not for the betterment of those involved. I require that my grandchildren acknowledge me with "mam".